100gms - Vermicelli
Milk - 1.5litre
Sugar - 250gms
Chopped cashew nuts - 50gms
Chopped almonds - 50gms
Chopped dates - 50gms
Powdered cardamom - 6nos
Butter - 4tsp
Water - 250ml
Cooking Instructions :
- Fry nuts in 2tsp butter till light golden colour, drain and keep aside.
- Fry vermicelli in the remaining butter until golden brown.
- Make a sugar syrup (one string consistency).
- Boil the milk until it is thickened to half the quantity.
- Add the fried vermicelli to the milk and cook. Do not allow lumps to form.
- Add sugar syrup and cook for a while until it comes to a homogeneous consistency.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder. Garnish with fried nuts.
- Serve hot or cold.