4 Nos - Slices of bread
6 Tbsp - Condensed milk
500 ml - Milk
1/2 Tsp - Ground cardamom seeds
1/4 Tsp - Nutmeg
15 gms - Almonds, pistachios, Charoli, walnuts, cashew-nuts, raisins each
3 Tbsp - Sugar
Cooking Instructions :
- Trim and cut each slice of bread into four pieces and deep fry to a golden brown colour.
- Drain thoroughly and keep aside.
- Fry all the nuts and pound coarsely. Also fry the raisins.
- Take a wide pan and put in milk, condensed milk, sugar, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Cook on a low fire till the mixture turns a little thick, then put the fried bread side by side in the pan.
- Let it cook till all the moisture is absorbed by the bread.
- Serve cold garnished with nuts and raisins and covered with foil.